The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be (Tommy Nelson), the second children’s book by New York Times bestselling author Joanna Gaines, illustrated by Julianna Swaney, celebrates how creativity and acceptance can come together to make for a bright and beautiful adventure.
The book follows a group of children as they each build their very own hot-air balloons. As the kids work together, leaning into their own skills and processes to fill the sky with beautiful colors, we discover that the same is true for life — it’s more beautiful and vibrant when our differences are celebrated.
Says the author, “I hope that you know and love who you are for all of the beautiful and unique and magical gifts you have to offer to the world. May you always look at life with your eyes wide open. Be quick to learn from others and see and celebrate the differences in all of humanity.”
Together with Joanna, kids will take a journey of growth and imagination as they learn in full color that:
- We should celebrate every child’s one-of-a-kind strengths, teamwork and accept everyone’s differences.
- Everything can be made more beautiful when we share our talents and abilities.
- We should lend a helping hand and do our best to take care of one another.
The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be is a vibrant picture book targeted at:
- Ages 4-8
- Parents, libraries, classroom storytimes and discussions about diversity and being a good human being
- Households that enjoy watching Chip and Joanna on Magnolia Network and HGTV’s Fixer Upper
With plenty of pink, a bounty of blue, orange and green and yellow too, this vibrant hot-air balloon adventure celebrates every child and teaches kids that we are in this together. “You’re one of a kind, and it’s so clear to see: The world needs who you were made to be.”