There is a growing demand for talented writers in the workplace. The BookTrib Writer-In-Residence Program is an exciting paid opportunity for new writers to hone their skills and prepare for a career in journalism, publishing, marketing, public relations or any other profession that values good writing.
What is the Writer-In-Residence Program?
The Program is a paid eight-week program where future writers will:
- Develop marketable writing, editorial and public relations skills.
- Be mentored by the BookTrib staff and published authors.
- Learn the process of becoming a published writer and grow as an
integral part of BookTrib’s team.
- Learn how to promote themselves on social media and engage with an audience.
- Build a professional network of contacts in the literary marketplace.
How does it work and how do I apply?
Admission is on a rolling basis. Once accepted, Fellows will be expected to commit to the full, eight-week program. There is also potential for additional opportunities with BookTrib.com.
To apply to the Fellowship, applicants should email a resume and brief writing sample, preferably a short story they’ve written, to [email protected].
What will a Writer-In-Residence do?
A Writer-In-Residence will do the following over the eight weeks:
- Write two book reviews to be published on BookTrib.com – one assigned by our editors.
- Write two author interviews to be published on BookTrib.com –
one assigned by our editors.
- Meet with our editors once a month via Skype for mentoring.
- Pitch the books and/or ideas they are planning to write about.
- Promote their published articles via their own social media.
The writers will be paid upon completion of the program.
There may be additional opportunities for writers with a unique skill set to assist on BookTrib.com.
For more information about the program or to apply please email [email protected].