There is a growing demand for talented writers in the workplace. The BookTrib Writing Internship Program is an exciting opportunity for new and aspiring writers to hone their skills and prepare for a career in journalism, publishing, marketing, public relations or any other profession that values good writing.
What is the Writing Internship Program?
The Program is an unpaid twelve-week program where future writers will:
- Develop marketable writing, editorial and public relations skills.
- Be mentored by the BookTrib staff and published authors.
- Learn the process of becoming a published writer and grow as an
integral part of BookTrib’s team.
- Learn how to promote themselves on social media and engage with an audience.
- Build a professional network of contacts in the literary marketplace.
How does it work and how do I apply?
Admission is on a rolling basis. Once accepted, Fellows will be expected to commit to the full, twelve week program. There is also potential for additional opportunities with BookTrib.com.
To apply to the Fellowship, applicants should email a resume and brief writing sample, preferably a short story they’ve written, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will a writer in the internship program do?
A writer will do the following over the twelve weeks:
- Write two book reviews to be published on BookTrib.com – one assigned by our editors.
- Write two author interviews to be published on BookTrib.com –
one assigned by our editors.
- Meet with our editors once a month via Skype for mentoring.
- Pitch the books and/or ideas they are planning to write about.
- Promote their published articles via their own social media.
There may be additional opportunities for writers with a unique skill set to assist on BookTrib.com.
For more information about the program or to apply please email email@example.com.