The Disneyland Book of Lists offers a new way to explore six decades of Disneyland® history. Hundreds of fascinating lists cover the past and present and feature everything from the park’s famous attractions, shops, restaurants, parades, and live shows to the creative artists, designers, characters, and performers who have made Disneyland® the world’s most beloved theme park.
Inside the pages of this fun- and fact-filled book you will find:
• 13 of Walt Disney’s Disneyland® Favorites
• 33 Remaining Signs and Structures from Disneyland®’s Past
• 13 Heart-Thumping Moments in Disneyland®’s Attractions
• 46 Disneyland® Parades
• 18 Secrets in the Haunted Mansion
• 30 Jokes from the Jungle Cruise
• 26 Special Events at Disneyland You May Not Have Heard Of
• 15 Urban Legends
• 80 Celebrity Visitors Between 1955 and the 1980s
• 19 Disneyland® Attractions with the Longest Names
• 11 Movies Based on Disneyland® Attractions
• A Dozen World Records Set at Disneyland®
In addition to lists created by author Chris Strodder (The Disneyland® Encyclopedia), the book will include lists from celebrities, Disneyland® experts and historians, Disneyland® Imagineers and designers, and other current and former Disneyland® employees.
People have been making lists since Biblical times (think Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, compiled 2,100 years ago), and to this
Meet the Author
CHRIS STRODDER is the author of The Disneyland® Encyclopedia, which was named a “Best Reference Book” by Library Journal. His other works include the pop culture compendiums The Encyclopedia of Sixties Cool and Swingin’ Chicks of the ’60s. Strodder has also written the children’s book A Sky for Henry, the adventure story for young adults Lockerboy, the comic novel The Wish Book, the Stories Light and Dark collection of short fiction, and articles for various periodicals, including Los Angeles and California magazines. Strodder first visited Disneyland® in 1966 and has been collecting Disneyland® souvenirs and ephemera ever since. He lives in the green hills of Mill Valley, California.