Your Essential Guidebook for a Thriving Marriage Communication, support, affection, and encouragement are among the most important life skills that you need for marital success. Yet, they are rarely taught in a classroom. In our culture, these skills too often default to our upbringing coupled with hope the marriage will be loving, adventurous, and fulfilling. The reality is modern marriages encounter complex obstacles requiring more teamwork than ever before. Dr. Anne Brennan Malec helps you look past the planning and excitement of the nuptials to prepare you and your spouse for a happy, life-long relationship. You will learn proven ways to:
- · Break unuseful day-to-day habits and keep your relationship fresh and exciting
- · Prioritize your relationship to provide time for yourselves as a couple, and as parents · Openly discuss your financial goals and arrangements
- · Create a conversational safety zone to discuss difficult issues and maintain a satisfying intimate relationship
- · Face issues head on, rather than allow resentment to come between you
- · Forgive and to listen to what your partner needs from you to achieve forgiveness Marriage in Modern Life offers real hope by giving you the practical and actionable tools to help before problems arise. If your marriage is already in conflict, applying these principles can help you regain a balanced, fulfilling relationship.
Meet the Author
DR. ANNE BRENNAN MALEC is a licensed clinical psychologist and marriage and family therapist with over a decade of experience. As founder of Symmetry Counseling, Dr. Malec and her team help thousands of couples in the Chicago area to handle life’s pressures and turn around challenged relationships. Dr. Malec earned her Bachelor’s degree from Villanova University in Accountancy and holds two Master’s degrees: one in Liberal Studies from DePaul University, and one in Marital and Family Therapy from Northwestern University. She earned her Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. For more information, go to http://www.drannemalec.com.