On October 2, 1950, the first Peanutscomic strip was published in nine newspapers across the country. And in the more than 65 years since then, Charlie Brown, Lucy, Woodstock, and the rest of the Peanuts gang have been providing us with heartwarming lessons as told by their legendary creator, Charles M. Schulz. With 17,897 comic strips published in total, it is one of the most influential stories ever written.
If you’re a fan of Snoopy and the rest of the gang, then you’ll enjoy the mischievous beagle’s hilarious adventures as he discovers some life lessons that everyone can benefit from learning.
1. When the game gets heated, Snoopy learns to be a gracious loser, appreciative winner, and positive teammate.
2. No matter what goes wrong in life, Snoopy and Woodstock prove that laughter is always the best medicine.
3.) It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, as long as you love what you’re doing.
4. Charlie Brown knows hard work and drive will push you farther than you thought you could go.
5. Having realistic expectations (and not expecting full salad bars at meals) will help you with disappointments.
6. Snoopy and Charlie Brown are best pals and their friendship is based off of trust and loyalty.
7. Learn from Snoopy’s ambition and always keep at your goals—no matter how many times you may be rejected.
8. Never stop marveling at the world around you.
9. Take time to think things over and follow Snoopy’s lead on what’s necessary and what’s not.
10. Beware of overconfidence—you’re going to mess up (and that’s okay) but accept your failures and be modest about your triumphs.
Be a BookTrib Ambassador! Sign up NOW for our weekly newsletter.