These days, we love superficial intimacy. That Instagram photo you posted of yourself on the beach. Ice cream all over your face. We offer the world a sort of intimacy that is posed, chosen, cute. We’ve all done it. I think I posted one of myself having a good time at the beach a couple of weeks ago to get over this cold winter we’re having in Connecticut. You have to wonder though, what would sex and relationship expert, Rob Weiss, have to say about these forms of intimacy? Could they possible lead to cheating within your relationship?
I want to talk about the raw, ugly truth about relationships. We can all relate—they are messy and sometimes blurry. And typically, when relationships start to become more demanding emotionally, there are two things many men do to deal: communicate or cheat. Add digital devices—like dating apps and web cams to the mix—and it’s all the more confusing. Is he just communicating or CHEATING? HELP A GIRL OUT.
Have you searched your man’s phone, emails, receipts, maybe even the garbage and through the pockets of his jeans to prove to yourself that you’re not crazy? It’s distressing, this intimacy mystery. Until recently, there hasn’t been a guide that plainly explains what the hell is going on when a man is cheating, and WHY.
Author Rob Weiss is a licensed clinical social worker who specializes in intimacy, sex and relationships in the digital age and he might be on to something. Weiss’ new book, Out of the Doghouse: A Step-by-Step Relationship Saving Guide for Men Caught Cheating is the guide to cheating’s who, what, when, where, why and how. What’s really radical about his book is the notion that a betrayed relationship can be saved. Stay with me here. Because first, you have to catch him.
5 WAYS TO CATCH A CHEATING MAN:
- Secrets and lies: You wonder where your man really is when he says that he will be “staying late at work.” There is that empty, distant look in his eye, even when he makes eye contact.
- Manipulation: He tries to hide his behavior by convincing you to believe all sorts of excuses. He kept at it until he wore you down. He tries to make you believe that you are the problem in the relationship. You’ve probably heard these lines before: “You’re just paranoid!” or “Why don’t you trust me?!”
- Broken Promises: He promised that he would be more present in the relationship but hasn’t been able to follow through. He’s distant and emotionally disjointed.
- Mood Swings: He vacillates from loving and happy to periods of irritability. If you questioned him, the moods were blamed on the actions of others or events out of his control. Most likely, affairs, sexting, hookup apps contribute to an imbalanced temper.
- Financial Issues: Extramarital affairs cost money. The courting through drinks and dinner, travel expenses all contribute to the infidelity.
This kind of exposure is ugly. However, like the romantics have always said throughout time, love can overcome all obstacles. If you or a friend is struggling with this all-too-common relationship issue, enter our giveaway below for a free copy of Rob Weiss’ new book, Out of the Doghouse: A Step-by-Step Relationship-Saving Guide for Men Caught Cheating.