Scouring the internet for the best deals can be a bit overwhelming on Cyber Monday. Where do you start? What will you need to know? Can you really get the complete Harry Potter series for $50 or less?! A laptop for $200? Perhaps! How? No worries. We’ve got you covered with the best tips for 2015’s online haul.
- Check the times when things go on sale and show up on-time, better yet—get yourself situated early. Most deals take place quickly and are limited availability and you don’t want to be left in the dust.
- Have an idea of what you’re looking for—lists are your friend. Don’t run around the internet like a turkey with its head cut off (too soon?).
- Have a budget in mind. Sure, we’d like to think we have an excess of funds—but be realistic. If you’re an overachiever, don’t forget to alert your bank that you’ll be doing a lot of online shopping—nothing’s worse than those pesky phone calls questioning your recent activity, putting a hold on your account when the diligent people at the bank suspect your credit card has been cyber-jacked.
- Compare deals, and stay alert. Don’t just assume you’re getting a steal—hackers will be on a rampage that day and you need to make sure you’re actually purchasing from reputable places. Look for the authentication symbol on the browser window. If it’s too good to be true, chances are you’re right. Look past gimmicky sites and make sure you’re getting what you’re paying for.
- Buy items that offer terrific sales, such as electronics, appliances, toys, and travel items. Don’t waste your time on things you could get year round.
- Lastly, document all of your purchases. And make sure you know what the return policy is. You don’t want to pay for an item if it for some reason it doesn’t turn up—or turns up and isn’t what you expected.
Now that you have your tips handy, here are some (of the many) deals to kick-start your Cyber Monday. Happy shopping!
TERMS: It’ll make 2,000 online-only deals live on Sunday night at 5PM PST|8PM EST
- Xbox One console bundle with Gears of War and an extra wired controller for $300 (normally $350)
- Air Hogs Helix Video Drone for $75 (normally $100)
- LG 65-inch 4k Ultra HDTV for $799 (normally $1,299)
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 for $599 (normally $799)
- Beats by Dre Drenched Solo on-ear headphones for $99 (normally $119)
TERMS: Deals will go live at 5PM PST| 8PM EST
- Inspiron 15 3000 laptop with Intel Celeron processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB storage, 15.6-inch display for $200 (normally $350)
- Inspiron 23 7000 all-in-one desktop with 23-inch 1080p touchscreen display, fourth-gen Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB storage and Windows 8.1 for $500 (normally $1,100)
- Microsoft Xbox One Bundle with Gears of War, Halo 5 game and Halo dual charging stand for $300 (normally $435)
TERMS: Four new hotels added every hour between 9AM-3PM PST
- 90 percent off selected hotels
TERMS: Pay attention, the following deals can ONLY be booked on CYBER MONDAY.
- Save up to 55 percent on travel when you book online November 30, 2015. Destinations include:
- Continental U.S.
- Mexico/Latin America