You don’t have to be a writer to enter this year’s Write a DearReader Contest, because it’s all about writing for fun.
Write about the day you wore your t-shirt inside out until some kind soul pointed it out to you. Tell us about the stray cat or dog you found curled up on your front porch, and how it was love at first sight. Write about your favorite aunt, a bizarre and whimsical woman who vacuums her living room in the buff. Describe the overwhelming love in your heart when you held your first grandchild, or write about your fear of writing—but start writing about something—because it’s time to enter our eleventh annual Write a DearReader Contest.
Have fun! And thanks for entering this year’s contest.
Thanks for reading with me. It’s so good to read with friends.
Guidelines and Deadline
- Deadline: Monday, October 12, 2015
- Maximum word count is 650 words. (Please be sure to count your words.)
- Please submit original entries that have not been previously published.
- Feel free to submit more than one entry for us to consider.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- Your story will be judged on style and content.
- Email your DearReader entry to: contest@DearReader.com.
Please put the words “DearReader Contest” in the subject line. Include your full name, mailing address and telephone number. Your entry should be in the “body” of your email message and not in an attachment. We cannot open attachments.
We will send you an email reply acknowledging receipt of your entry. If you have not received email notification within 24 hours, please email Suzanne@DearReader.com and let us know.
(If you were a winner in either of the last two years, you are not eligible to be considered this year, but you can enter for fun.)
Grand Prize: $200
Third Place: $50
In addition to a cash prize, the winning columns will be published in the daily book clubs at DearReader.com, Random House First Look Book Club and at BookTrib.com.